Friday, February 11, 2011

Finally Running Outside Again

Though I love living where I do, winter is definitely not my favorite season.  I'm super jealous of those of you that have been running in 75 degree sunny bliss.  Here's what the sidewalks look like by me:

The snow and ice starting melting into slush, the streets were wet but not icy.  I had a small window of opportunity for an outside run.  I kept a gloriously slow but steady pace on wet streets in the rain.  It was 34 degrees, but I was warm and the rain felt great!
My usual running spot is on the boardwalk, but as you can see it still has some melting to do.  As long as we don't get more snow and ice, I'll keep to the empty beach parking spots by the boardwalk.  I can't wait to be back on the boards!

2 comments:

Bianca said...

Ugh. I can't run or bike outside until the temps are at least in the 60s. I tried one day when it was 40 out, and I thought I was going to die. Even when I got going, I didn't defrost. It's supposed to be warmer in the south, but lately we've been having real winter weather.

Theresa said...

I am definitely NOT jealous of your snow and slush!