Monday, May 26, 2008

Mother's Cafe and Garden in Austin, TX

Mmmmmmm... Dinner at Mother's Cafe and Garden was so satisfying! I wish we had more than one opportunity to eat there. Their breakfast options looked every bit as tempting as their dinner and dessert, which I was lucky enough to sample. I opted for the TLT: Tempeh, Lettuce, and Tomato. The marinated tempeh was grilled along with the scrumptious whole wheat bread. I also got melted Vegan Rella (the only vegan cheese that actually melts, in my experience), a scoop of home made guacamole, sprouts, and some home made dijon mustard sauce. I was able to eat the whole thing (I was really hungry), but it didn't leave me feeling heavy or gross at all. We also got BBQ Tofu, which was marinated in a tamari-peanut sauce, and served with sage mashed potatoes (they were heavenly) and black eyed peas. We washed this all down with refreshingly tart, home made limeade. We were in a rush, so I didn't get to take pictures of their amazing desserts. We got Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie and Belgian Chocolate Cake. It was a perfect meal at a really cool place!

2 comments:

Rose said...

I can't wait to go to Mother's Cafe now! I've been begging my parents to take me there :)

Bianca said...

I love how the tempeh is in an X. It looks really hardcore...and tasty!