Monday, May 5, 2008

Essential Vegan Travel Food

I've recently discovered Primal Strips vegan protein snacks, and I can't believe I've been traveling so long without them! I usually stack up on Luna Bars when I know I'm going to be on a plane or in a car traveling through vegan-unfriendly areas. Highway rest stops and airport food courts just don't offer the vegan goodness that I crave (although I have to say, the fact that just about every airport food court and highway rest stop has a Starbucks that carries Silk soymilk is pretty freakin awesome). Luna Bars are delicious, I love them for traveling, but Primal Strips feel more like a meal. They're made with soy protein, seitan, and shiitake mushrooms. My favorites so far are Teriyaki and Thai Peanut, each one with about 10 grams of protein. You can buy them at your local health food store or at Vegan Essentials.

3 comments:

Bianca said...

I freakin' love Primal Strips! I ordered a whole box of Teriyaki a while back and I'm still working on it...I like to eat them before I go to the gym. Of course, Luna bars are great too!

Theresa said...

I brought primal strips with me on my flights over to Australia, and they were pretty much the only thing that kept me going for the full 36 hours of flying and layovers! The peanutty one was the best!

Bee Roach said...

I tried some of these recently and I'm not crazy about them although they are a good travel resource. I'm partial to Lara Bars :) It's always sad when you travel and half your bag is food!!