- Vegan blogs. Although I knew of their existence for a while, this is the year I really started reading them (and writing one!). It's so fun to see all of the inspiring food pics and to read about everyone's vegan experiences, whether they're product or restaurant reviews or travel accounts.
- Kauai. This trip inspired me to start my blog. Though I've traveled to many cities and countries around the world, I've only recently started to vacation to tropical places. My worst fear was to get stuck on a boring island with nothing to eat. This was so not the case with Kauai, a vegan paradise!
- Chickpea cutlets from Veganomicon. So easy, so good.
- Vegan Cajun etouffee sauce. A recent discovery, I didn't even know what etouffee was until my trip to New Orleans.
- SCUBA diving. I'm not officially certified yet, but I will be soon. Breathing under water is scary and awesome. I'm hooked!
- Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World took over my kitchen in 2008.
- Humpback whales, sea turtles, and monk seals. It was an unforgettable experience hanging out with them!
I'm sure there's a billion more things I could add to the list, but I'm going to stick with this. Happy New Year's Eve everyone!