Thursday, March 27, 2008

Vegan Supplements

Though a healthy vegan diet will give you pretty much all of the vitamins and minerals your body needs, I like to take supplements just in case. I don't always eat enough leafy green vegetables or anitoxidant rich blueberries (though they are some of my favorite foods!). My favorite source for vegan supplements is Vegan Essentials. I usually take one DEVA One-a-Day Vitamin and Mineral Supplement, one Omega-Zen-3 essential fatty acid supplement (from algae, not fish), and one Freeda Super Cal/Mag calcium and magnesium supplement.



3 comments:

Kumquat Peekapoo said...

Thanks for the comment. And thanks for the lotion recommendation.
I was resistant to take a multi at first, but a doctor told me that our top soil is so bad that it's important to supplement just to make sure you're getting all your nutrients.

The Vegan Snorkeler said...

Exactly...I take them just to be sure I'm getting everything that I need.

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I don't think I'd use something orangey in the soup, but the calamondins would be great in the scones. :)